logo

Main Menu
 Tutorials
 Forum
 Who's Online
11 user(s) are online (4 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 11

more...
 Top Posters
jgrad
ebrunvand
3 svchw 47
jbakos
5 ucgrad 35
jamesstine
ekalenda
8 pepet 25
9 reneezl 21
10 ashkan2000 20

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Cadence Permission Question
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 1; EXP : 0
HP : 0 / 0
MP : 0 / 0
Hello I am a newbie to Cadence/Linux KDE and I have a question regarding Cadence, it seems it won't let me write to my directory. As I open Cadence in my Shell Konsole, I get the warning:

*WARNING* file /home/rjc03001/CDS.log File is already locked by some other process.

Then when I go to create a new Library in the command interface window I get an error that my directory /home/rjc03001/cds.lib is not writable. But I go into my directory and check the cds.lib file, it is NOT read only

Then when I go to create a CellView, it says "permission denied on library". Also, when I go to open an existing schematic in file-->open, it says I can only view it as a read only. Is their some permission option that I need to change??? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Rob

Posted on: 2007/11/27 15:02
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: Cadence Permission Question
Quite a regular
From San Jose, CA
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 4; EXP : 50
HP : 0 / 87
MP : 11 / 2259
The Cadence software does not do anything special. It just tries to open or create the file and reports an error based on the error number returned when the system call fails.

It's a long shot, but try checking that the software is running as you and not some other user. The problem sounds like an ownership issue instead of permissions. In the CIW, type:

system "whoami"

This will output to the shell window you started the program from, but it will show who you are running as. Odds are it's yourself, but running as someone else would explain the problem you are seeing.

You can also check to make sure you own the directory and files. If it is a new account, the sysadmin may have gotten the ownership wrong.

Posted on: 2007/11/27 15:22
Create PDF from Post Print

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]